“Trinco Dialouge 2012”, the key event of the Junior Naval Staff College’s calendar year, was held with great success at the Sri Lanka Navy’s premier academic institution, Naval and Maritime Academy on 27th October 2012.
The annual symposium on the theme “Collaborative Maritime Security through Modern Technology” was hosted by the officers of the 08th Junior Naval Staff Course (JNSC) at the Admiral Wasantha Karannagoda Auditorium in Trincomalee. Commander Eastern Naval Area, Rear Admiral Ravindra Wijegunaratne graced the event as the chief guest.
Six academic papers were presented by leading naval personalities including officers of the 08th JNSC. The presenters shared their views on security, technology and geo-political concernsat the symposium.
Delivering the keynote address, Commander Eastern Naval Area, Rear Admiral Ravindra Wijegunaratne stated that the gathering of brilliant and penetrating naval and maritime minds under one roof is one giant step forward towards a continuous dialogue to reach consensus for a common end. Commandant Naval & Maritime Academy, Commodore Ruwan Perera in his address stressed the importance of the event to gain valuable experience for officer under trainees. Deputy Training Captain (DTC), Captain HGUD(I) Kumara expressed his gratitude to the participants for their valuable presence and thanked all who helped in numerous ways to make the event a great success.
The following were the papers presented at the symposium:
- Maritime Domain Awareness-Way ahead for Sri Lanka Navy by Commander (ND) R Joseph
- Integrated Defence Effort to enhance National Security by Lieutenant Commander BARI Abeysekara
- Application of Cloud Computing in Military Context by Commodore AMSP Alahakoon
- Exploitation of Modern Communication Technology for Efficient Management of Defence Communication Network by Lieutenant IP Wijesinghe
- Influence of Middle East Crisis to Indian Ocean Region by Lieutenant Commander CRP Walakuluge
- Cyber Terrorism, Its Implication for Low-Intensity Conflict Operations by Commander (S) ABRA De Silva
Naval Today Staff,October 30, 2012; Image: Sri Lanka Navy