thyssenkrupp Marine Systems completes acquisition of Atlas Elektronik

Photo: Thyssenkrupp

Germany’s thyssenkrupp Marine Systems officially transformed into an integrated systems provider by completing the acquisition of Atlas Elektronik.

The completion of the sale was announced by thyssenkrupp on April 3.

The company previously owned a 51 percent stake in the Atlas Elektronik group and has now acquired the remaining 49 percent which were held by Airbus.

“The global market environment is getting more and more complex and the requirements for integrated security concepts are rising,” Peter Feldhaus, CEO of thyssenkrupp Marine Systems said. “That’s why we are repositioning thyssenkrupp Marine Systems as an integrated systems provider to give us strategic advantages in the global market for submarines and naval surface vessels.”

Following this acquisition, TKMS will be the sole German stakeholder in a company formed with Norwegian Kongsberg. The new, Norway-based company was formed following the Norwegian ministry of defense’s decision to award a submarine construction contract to TKMS.

TKMS is to build four air-independent submarines to replace Norway’s existing six Ula-class submarines.

 

Share this article

Follow Naval Today

Events>

<< Sep 2017 >>
MTWTFSS
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1

Maritime Information Warfare 2017

Maritime Information Warfare will focus on the growing need for navies to develop their information exploitation capabilities…

read more >

Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology

Over the past few years, maritime intelligence gathering and ISR capabilities have returned to the forefront of the defence industry…

read more >

Sea-Air-Space 2018

Sea-Air-Space is now the largest maritime exposition in the U.S. and continues as an invaluable extension of the Navy League’s mission…

read more >